Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I've been tagged!

I was tagged by Observations of Africa.

The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago:
Teaching English as a second language at ICPR Junior College in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico.

Five things on my To Do List today:
1. Get a repair estimate from the auto body shop.
2. Clear last semester's clutter out of my office to make way for incoming summer session clutter.
3. Write and send our April missionary newsletter.
4. Attend Tuesday evening Bible study at Emmaus Baptist Church.
5. Develop my listening comprehension by spending twenty minutes listening to the Bible on cassette in Haitian Creole.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Set up endowed funds to finance Christian peacemaking efforts and cross-cultural missions efforts around the world.
2. Send my nieces and nephews to college.
3. Attempt to live simply so that others might simply live.

Three of my bad habits:
1. Country Music
2. Progressive Talk Radio
3. U.S. Presidential Politics

Five places I’ve lived:
1. Denver, Colorado
2. Durango, Colorado
3. La Romana, Dominican Republic
4. San Germán, Puerto Rico
5. Nassau, Bahamas

Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Fish Cleaner
2. Painter
3. Homeless Shelter Counselor
4. English as a second language instructor
5. Theology professor

Five books I’ve recently read (or am currently reading):
1. Michael Craton, Pindling: The Life and Times of the First Prime Minister of The Bahamas, (Oxford: Macmillan Caribbean, 2002).
2. Ray Bakke, The Urban Christian, (Downers Grove, IL: IVP, 1987).
3. Justo L. González, Three Months with the Spirit, (Nashville: Abingdon, 2003).
4. C. Eric Lincoln and Lawrence H. Mamiya, The Black Church in the African American Experience, (Durham, NC: Duke, 1990).
5. Harvie M. Conn and Manuel Ortiz, Urban Ministry: The Kingdom, the City & the People of God, (Downers Grove, IL: IVP, 2001).

The five I tagged:
1. Earth as it is in Heaven
2. Mental Slavery
3. Christ My Righteousness
4. Blogworld
5. Ponderings on a Faith Journey

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 10:46:00 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,

You've had some interesting experiences. Thanks for sharing and the invitation. I just completed the questions. Take a look!

 
At Friday, April 25, 2008 at 7:18:00 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,
It is good to hear that you've been to Cap-Haitian. I was there a year a go on a mission trip. The trip went well.

Blessings,
Lou

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home